Defining Learning

  1. What is my current definition of learning?
  • The acquisition and expansion of knowledge and experience to improve skill sets, behavior/attitude, and living conditions throughout life. 
  1. How do I believe people learn?
  • Through hands-on experimentation and experience within fields they are trying to learn within. For example, people wanting to learn how to play guitar should be learning on an actual guitar rather than just reading or talking about it. Readings and lectures can be incorporated, but a physical guitar should be there for them to try the things they read about on.
  1. What will learning look like in my classes?
  • Incorporating as much visual and hands-on learning as I can so that students can actually create things as they learn rather than just read. I plan to do this by incorporating writing and even more visual artistic methods into our assessments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metacognition TIPR

Piaget TIPR